1. Evoke an emotion, mood, or feeling?
• Check several different sculptors websites or art galleries to see the kind of work they do.
1. After surveying several sculpture websites:
a. Make sure that the sculptor you choose has done several sculptures in the material that you are interested in - stone, welded steel, cast bronze, etc.
b. Regardless if you are interested in a sculpture based on a human or an abstract, make sure they have done more than one or two sculptures in a style that you like.
c. Pick out several sculptures off the sculptors' website that you are particularly drawn
to so that you can have a visual way to communicate with the artist. Bring along copies of these sculptures, to the sculptor/client meeting - see below, so that you can point to the sculptures that particularly speaks to you.
• Based on the artist's price of other sculpture, determine the budget you want to spend on the sculpture.
B. Sculptor/Client Meeting
• Show sculptor
pictures of possible locations for sculpture, discuss total budget, optimal
C. After initial Sculptor/Client Meeting
D. Client Approval & Agreement
• After your approval, sculptor and
client will sign an agreement stating goals, budget,
E. After Contract Approval
• Order Stone and begin sculpture.
Send periodic photos if necessary.
All artwork, images & content © WSG Gallery 2012